54 Things To Do At The 101st Delaware State Fair
1) Join Adam Calvert for a country music performance at the Hertrich Plaza.
2) Check out the Disc-Connected K-9’s for their first year at the fair! Sponsored by Delmarva Buildings
3) Don’t miss out on the Camel show!
4) Keep your eye out for Roberto the Magnificent throughout the day.
5) Hold a baby chick in the Delmarva Building!
6) Be sure to make time for the fan-favorite, Vocal Trash, back again for another year at the Hertrich Plaza!
7) Visit Circus Hollywood for acrobats, animals, stunts, clowns, and much more! Sponsored by Discover Bank
8) Meet Twiggs the giraffe and friends at the Giraffic Menagerie!
9) On your mark! Get set! Go! Watch the Hollywood Racing Pigs in their new location: Machinery Lot, sponsored by Del-One!
10) Get up close and personal as you travel back in time with the King of Dinosaurs “Tyrannosaurus Rex” at the walkthrough Dinosaur Museum!
11) Buy your tickets and enjoy a day on the Carnival Rides! Don’t miss out on the different ride promotions!
12) Show your hockey skills off and win prizes at the Hockey Challenge located in the Centre / 4-H and FFA Building.
13) Stop by and meet the T-Rex in the Machinery Lot throughout the day!
14) Travel back in time with the Antique Machinery Showcase where you’ll get to see antiques dating back to the early 1900s! Come check out the antique tractors, broom makers, craftsmen, and more on July 25th at 10:00 AM!
15) Watch the Pig Kissing Contest on July 30th at 1 PM! Contestants try to raise the most money for the Junior Exhibitor Scholarship so they don’t have to kiss the pig.
16) Watch children ages 5-17 compete in the Lego Building Contest on July 25th at 10:00 AM! Now in the Quillen Arena.
17) Go Crazy… at the Crazy over Cupcakes Competition on July 26th at 1:00 PM. There will be no sampling for safety precautions.
18) Come to the Exhibit Hall to cool down and see what vendors have to offer for you!
19) Watch the Pygmy Goat Fitting and Showmanship Show via the Livestream page on July 27th at noon!
20) Bring in Food Lion canned goods for Food Lion Hunger Relief Day on July 27th for free gate admission before 6 PM.
21) Visit “The ROOST Beer Garden” for a cool beverage, great food, and yard games every night!
22) Take a look at all of the exhibits entered by local FFA members throughout the state of Delaware.
23) Come check out the Virtual Junior Livestock Auction on August 1st starting at 9:00 AM.
24) Watch the participants in the Homemade Ice Cream Making Contest on July 27th at 3:00 PM! There will be no sampling for safety precautions.
25) Watch as teams of horses, and we mean LARGE horses, and their drivers compete to pull thousands of pounds the farthest distance in the Billy Ray Collison Memorial Horse Pull on July 24th at 6:00 PM in the Quillen Arena!
26) Visit the Delaware Department of Agriculture’s Commodities Building and see everything Delaware has to offer!
27) View the exhibits in the Dover building from Culinary, Children’s, Needlework, Arts and Crafts, Garden Vegetables, Farm, Fruit, and Apiary.
28) Delaware Jr. Dairy Futurity: Summer Yearling calves exhibited by Delaware Junior Dairy Exhibitors.
29) Watch the Open Jr Breed and Barrow Swine Show in the Kent Building via our Livestream website on July 23rd at 9:00 AM!
30) Rabbit Show in the Poultry Barn on July 26th at 9:00 AM!
31) Watch the Youth Showmanship and Fitting and Market Goat Show via our Livestream website on July 30th at 1:00 PM!
32) Watch the Sheep Wool Lead Line Contest via our Livestream website on July 29th at 6:30 PM.
33) Check out the Saddle Performance Horse Show on July 27th at 9:00 AM!
34) Watch the Men’s Horseshoe Pitching Contest in the Quillen Arena on July 27th, 28th, 30th, and 31st at 5:30 PM.
35) Check out the Women’s and Youth Horseshoe Pitching Contest on August 1st at 9:00 AM in the Quillen Arena.
36) Check out the Poultry Show at the Delmarva Building on July 27th at 10:00 AM.
37) Watch the Youth Showmanship and Market Hog Show via our Livestream website on July 26th at 8:00 AM.
38) Watch the Sheep Fitting and Showmanship and Jr Market Classes via our Livestream website on July 29th at 9:00 AM.
39) Check out the Beef Cattle Show on July 29th at 4:00 PM.
40) Watch the Junior and Open Breed Sheep Show via our Livestream website on July 30th at 9:00 AM.
41) Check out the Open Dairy Show at the Quillen Arena on July 26th at 5:00 PM.
42) Check out the Pony and Miniature Horse Show at the Quillen Arena on July 31st at 9:00 AM.
43) Watch the Dairy Goat Show via our Livestream website on July 25th at 8:00 AM.
44) Check out the Youth Poultry Showmanship at the Delmarva Building on July 31st at 3:00 PM.
45) Come check out the Young Farmers and Ranchers’ Antique Tractor Pull on August 1st at 9:00 AM in the Quillen Arena.
46) Watch the Concert Band Organ.
47) Learn some tips and tricks about sewing and needlework from the Needlework Department Demonstrations! Learn how to crochet, triangle loom weave, and more.
48) You won’t be feeling blue after witnessing the Blueberry Blowout contest on the 24th in the exhibit hall.
49) With so many temptations at the fair, the Chocolate Temptation Contest is one you don’t want to miss, happening on August 1st at 9:30 AM. There will be no sampling for safety precautions.
50) Partake in the Peach Recipe Competition on July 29th at 9:30 AM. There will be no sampling for safety precautions.
51) Stop by the Schabinger Pavilion, home to the best Beef and Dairy Cattle in Delaware…while visiting, you may even spot a cow being milked!
52) Walk through our Marketplace Tent, which is packed with a varied collection of vendors!
53) Walk around the machinery lot to see the latest technology and equipment that keeps our farms running today, plus this makes for a great spot for pictures!
54) Have a great time at the fair!