100 Things To Do At The 100th Delaware State Fair presented by Corteva Agriscience
1) Join the Red Head Express for a country music performance that features a variety of instruments, these sisters will play their original songs and covers at the Hertrich Plaza.
2) Come to the Social Spot and grab a photo with our photo wall!
3) Don’t miss out on the Camel show!
4) Visit the Machinery Lot presented by FMC meet the Budweiser Clydesdale’s and watch as the handlers hitch them for the parade.
5) Hold a baby chick in the Delmarva Building!
6) Try out some fun educational games in the AgVenture Tent: watermelon detectives, super soybeans, farm to fair, and much more!
7) Visit Circus Hollywood for acrobats, animals, stunts, clowns, and much more!
8) Meet and feed Twiggs the giraffe and his friends at the Giraffe Menagerie Petting Zoo!
9) On your mark! Get set! Go! Watch the Hollywood Racing Pigs in their new location: Machinery Lot!
10) Watch the Nanticoke Indian Dance Troupe perform a traditional dance and celebratory service!
11) Get up close and personal as you travel back in time with the King of Dinosaurs “Tyrannosaurus Rex” at the walk through Dinosaur Museum!
12) New this year we are introducing the Delaware Pilsner beer made by Bog Oyster brewing company!
13) See the Milford Community Band perform live at the Main Gate!
14) Buy your tickets and enjoy a day on the Carnival Rides!
15) Watch the fireworks, presented by M&T Bank, light up the sky each night except for the 21st and 25th!
16) Watch and laugh at the competitors in the Mountaire’s Chickin’ Pickin’ Contest. Who can get the most meat off of the baked bird? Come check it out!
17) Show your hockey skills off and win prizes at the Hockey Challenge located in the Centre / 4-H and FFA Building.
18) Grab a spot along the parade route to enjoy the Delaware State Fair nightly parade. The parade features floats, antique tractors, horses, and other traditional fair parade attractions!
19) Listen to the bands in the Grove Picnic Area following the parade.
20) Travel back in time with the Antique Machinery Showcase where you’ll get to see antiques dating back to the early 1900’s! Come check out the antique tractors, broom makers, craftsmen, and more!
21) Keep a look out for members of the fair handing out tastykakes as the 100th year birthday cake.
22) Watch the Pig Kissing Contest! Contestants try to raise the most money for the Junior Exhibitor Scholarship so they don’t have to kiss the pig.
23) Watch children ages 5-17 compete in the Lego Building Contest! Now in the Quillen Arena.
24) Go Crazy… at the Crazy over Cupcakes Competition
25) Watch the Oldiewed Game Show.
26) Come learn a little about agriculture at the FFA Agriculture Education Center!
27) Get a look at the Delaware State Fair exhibit in the Delaware Archives.
28) Come to the Exhibit Hall to cool down and see what vendors have to offer for you!
29) Watch the Pygmy Goat Fitting and Showmanship Show!
30) Junior Exhibitors dress up their animals and compete to see who has the prettiest animals and best themes!
31) Come watch as competitors 15 and younger compete in the junior flower arranging contest in the Exhibit Hall.
32) Live Harness Racing in the Grandstand. Competitors are racing to win the Governor’s Cup!
33) Visit “The ROOST Beer and Wine Garden” for a cool beverage, great food and yard games every night!
34) The Sussex Child Health Promotion Coalition presents the Healthy Kids Health Fair with activities for children promoting healthy living!
35) Back and better is the Helicopter Rides! Take a ride in the air and see the fair from a different angle!
36) Watch, or participate, in Hoober’s Delaware State Championship Youth Pedal Tractor Pull (for ages 5-13)!
37) Take a look at all of the exhibits entered by local FFA members throughout the state of Delaware.
38) Livestock Extravaganza: Watch some of Delaware’s youth as they exhibit the combination of hard work and determination that it takes to raise the best animals in Delaware!
39) Come check out the Junior Livestock Auction, which is the public sale of the Grand and Reserve Champion and other top placing livestock.
40) Watch the participants in the Homemade Ice Cream Making Contest!
41) Watch as teams of horses, and we mean LARGE horses, and their drivers compete to pull thousands of pounds the farthest distance in the Billy Ray Collison Memorial Horse Pull!
42) Watch the LIVE cooking demonstrations in Mama’s Kitchen!
43) Visit the Delaware building, home of the UDairy Creamery and Delaware’s elected officials!
44) Visit the Delaware Department of Agriculture’s Commodities Building and see everything Delaware has to offer!
45) Visit the DNREC Building where kids can discover the science behind the work DNREC does to protect the environment and Delaware’s natural resources.
46) Get up close and personal with the animals in the DNREC building.
47) View the exhibits in the Dover building from Culinary, Children’s, Needlework, Arts and Crafts, Garden Vegetables, Farm, Fruit and Apiary.
48) Take a look at all of the exhibits entered by local 4-H members throughout the state of Delaware.
49) Come see just how talented the Delaware 4-H members are at the 4-H Talent Show!
50) Taste the creations after contest judging takes place on the Culinary Contests.
51) Delaware Jr. Dairy Futurity: Summer Yearling calves exhibited by Delaware Junior Dairy Exhibitors.
52) Check out the Open Jr Breed and Barrow Swine Show in the Kent Building
53) Rabbit Show in the Poultry Barn!
54) Watch the 4-H Consumer Champions Bowl
55) Youth Showmanship and Fitting and Market Goat Show
56) Sheep and Wool Ambassador Contest
57) Saddle Performance Horse Show
58) Come check out the Delaware Electric Cooperative Linemen’s Pole Rodeo as you watch the linemen perform a variety of events that include hurt man rescue, cross arm change out, and a climbing obstacle course!
59) Watch the Men’s Horseshoe Pitching Contest
60) Women’s and Youth Horseshoe Pitching Contest
61) Poultry Show
62) Youth Showmanship and Market Hog Show
63) Sheep Fitting and Showmanship and Jr Market Classes
64) Beef Cattle Show
65) FFA Dairy Cattle and Showmanship
66) Junior and Open Breed Sheep Show
67) Listen in on the 4-H Plant and Environmental Sciences Demonstration, as 4-H members from across the state present their demonstrations
68) 4-H and FFA Tractor Driving Contest
69) Watch as contestants race to hand milk their goats to get the most milk at the Dairy Goat Milking Contest
70) Open Dairy Show
71) Come check out the FFA Games where FFA members participate in a variety of games such as the egg toss and watermelon eating.
72) Meat Goat Breed Show
73) Pony and Miniature Horse Show
74) Dairy Goat Show
75) State 4-H Horse and Pony Show
76) Youth Poultry Showmanship
77) Come check out the Young Farmers and Ranchers’ Antique Tractor Pull
78) Watch the Concert Band Organ.
79) Watch the evening news braodcast LIVE by 47 ABC broadcast nightly at 5:30 p.m.
80) Learn some tips and tricks about sewing and needlework from the Needlework Department Demonstrations! Learn how to crochet, triangle loom weave, and more.
81) Come check out the Wool Lead Line Contest where exhibitors compete by displaying the best quality wool outfit and coordinating wool sheep.
82) Participate or Visit the Delaware Homebrew Contest, where competitors showcase their best brews, in hopes of becoming the Delaware Homebrew Champion.
83) You won’t be feeling blue after witnessing the Blueberry Blowout contest on the 24th in the exhibit hall.
84) Listen to the country-inspired, modern bluegrass styled Flatland Drive band in the Quillen Arena.
85) With so many temptations at the fair, the Chocolate Temptation Contest is one you don’t want to miss.
86) Play Family Feud with 47 ABC every night at 6:30!
87) Participate in, or taste samplings of the Fifer Orchards’ Peach Dessert Contest!
88) 4-H Avian Bowl
89) Watch as children race their bikes and learn about bike safety all at the same time at Del-Dot’s Bike Safety Rodeo!
90) Attend a Delaware Lottery Summer Concert each night!
91) Make sure you get a copy of the Treasured Traditions book and get it signed at the Social Spot by the author.
92) Step into the air conditioned Exhibit Hall and out of the heat while you walk through the building to see the informational booths and vendors!
93) Stop by the Schabinger Pavilion, home to the best Beef and Dairy Cattle in Delaware…while visiting, you may even spot a cow being milked!
94) Walk through our Marketplace Tent, which is packed with a varied collection of vendors!
95) Come to the Dover Building to learn how to Knit and Crochet by members of the Needlework Department!
96) Listen in on some of Delaware 4-H’s bravest members, as they compete in the Delaware 4-H Public Speaking Contest!
97) Walk around the machinery lot to see the latest technology and equipment that keeps our farms running today, plus this make for a great spot for pictures!
And last but not least,
98) Don’t miss out on a chance to do or watch Yoga with Goats!
99) Stop by the Social Spot to see a screening of the Treasured Traditions book in a video form!
100) New this year we will be having Touch-A-Truck where kids can come and climb on specialty trucks, construction equipment, and giant trucks!