Walk over or take the next hayride to the Centre Ice Rink where public ice skating sessions and the new SPOOKY bumper cars on ice await you!
The bumper cars on ice are a must! Zoom around the ice and come experience a thrill that nobody else around has. Bump your friends and family and send them twirling hysterically around the ice. (Bumper cars are separate and not included in the gate admission.)
Bumper car rides are only $5 each for 5 minutes long (it feels long when you are on them).
Public skate and skate rentals are included in your gate admission (free)!
Bring your favorite trick-or-treating buckets and stop at the ice rink for some sweet treats!
Read below for bumper cars and ice skating rules:
REQUIREMENTS TO RIDE BUMPER CARS
1. To operate a car alone, you must be at least 6 years old AND at least 42” tall
2. In order to carry a passenger, the operator must be at least 16 years old and the passenger must be between the ages of 3 and 5 years old. NO EXCEPTIONS.
3. Maximum combined weight of all occupants = 300 LBS.
ICE BUMPER CAR RULES
1. All rides are approximately 5 minutes.
2. Tickets must be purchased at the rink’s cashier post in the mezzanine.
3. Tickets are sold for a specific ride session and are good only for that session.
4. One ticket = 1 ride.
5. All bumper car operators must have a ticket. No charge for riders ages 3 – 5.
6. Seat-belt must be worn at all times.
7. All loading and unloading will be supervised by rink staff and will take place at the player box area only.
8. Operators and riders may not walk on the ice in their street shoes.
9. For the safety of all, you must obey all rink staff instructions. You will be briefed on the car’s operations before the ride.
PUBLIC SKATE REMINDERS AND RULES
- Some public skate sessions will have an ice resurfacing halfway through the ice time. You can return to skating after the Zamboni leaves the ice (approx. 10 minutes).
- Skaters skate at their own risk; bike helmets are recommended for new skaters and children under 7 years of age. Please bring your own.
- Parents are recommended to stay with their children during the session for adult supervision whether or not the parent is skating.
- Parents please do not carry your child on the ice. You can hold them up but don’t carry them.
- Cones or commercially made or homemade “walkers” and any other skating assistance devices are not allowed on the ice during public skating per our insurance provider.
PLEASE NOTE: Any activity on or near the ice skating surface involves inherent risks, dangers and hazards which can result in serious personal injury or death. Anyone participating in an ice bumper car ride as an operator or passenger, agrees to assume and accept all known and unknown risks of injury arising out of ice bumper car activities. The ticket purchaser, operator and rider agree to waive all claims that you might have against The Delaware State Fair, Inc., its officers, directors, employees, volunteer assistants and contractors and you agree to release all the identified and affiliated parties from any and all liability arising from any loss, damage, injury or expense incurred arising out of the ice bumper car activities from any cause whatsoever including the negligence on the part of The Delaware State Fair, Inc and its affiliates in the operation, supervision, design or maintenance of the ice bumper cars and this entire facility.