General Fair Questions
What is the theme for the 2019 State Fair?
100 Years of Family Fun
What are the dates of the 2019 State Fair?
What is the price for gate admission?
Gate Admission Fees:
$9.00 Adult Gate Admission (13 years and older) Skip the Line and order online in advance and the cost is $9.50 including the online convenience charge.
$4.00 Youth Gate Admission (6 – 12 years)
FREE Children (5 years and under)
5 Day Adult Gate Admission Pass – Beat the lines and save when you order a 5-Day Adult Gate Admission Pass!
Special and Promotional Days – See How can I save money at the Delaware State Fair? Below
How much is parking?
What services are available to Handicapped guests?
1. Parking – Handicap Parking can be found behind the Administration building in the fenced in blacktop lot. Please use the main fair entrance off of South DuPont Hwy (GPS address: 18500 S. Dupont Hwy) to access the Handicap Parking Area. Guests needing to park in the handicap parking lot must present proper Parking Credentials to parking staff prior to parking in lot. Guests parking in the main general parking areas have the option to ride a handicap accessible shuttle but must board at a designated shuttle top located in the Orange/Purple Parking Lot. Proper display of handicapped parking permits with tags must be displayed in order to access handicap parking lot. In the event the handicapped parking lot is full or at capacity, there is an identified drop off area within the handicap parking lot and next to the main gate. After dropping off the handicap patrons, the driver will be directed to the general parking area where a handicapped accessible shuttle will be available to transport them to the front gate.
2. Service Animals – ADA identified and compliant service animals are always welcome to the Delaware State Fairgrounds.
3. Rentals – Wheel chair & power mobility devices are available to rent near the main gate.
4. M&T Bank Grandstand Shows Accessible Seating – Handicapped patrons wanting to utilize wheelchairs may enter by way of track or M&T Bank Grandstand entrances. ADA Seating (including companion requests) can be requested from the box office at (302) 398-5020.
5. Accessible Seating has been identified at all building that showcase entertainment or livestock shows. Please look for the identified signage or blue markings in seating areas.
Are dogs permitted on the fairgrounds?
ADA identified and compliant service animals are always welcome to the Delaware State Fairgrounds.
Can I rent a wheelchair or ECV for use in the Delaware State Fairgrounds?
Yes – stroller & wheelchair rental equipment may be found inside the Main Gate entrance beginning at 11:00 am. For patrons in need of a stroller or wheelchair, they are located near the main gate for a moderate charge by Mobility Concepts
Electric Scooter/Wheelchair/Stroller Rental information
Available through Mobility Concepts located just inside the Main Gate
Electric Scooter – $40.00/day*
Wheelchair – $15.00/day
Child Transport – $10.00/day (single, double or wagon)
*Rebate calculated for short term rental (less than 4 hours)
Major Credit Cards Accepted
Reservations can be made online: www.MobilityConceptsLLC.com
Mailing Address for Delaware State Fair
Delaware State Fair
P.O. Box 28
Harrington, DE 19952
2019 Delaware State Fair Map: click here for a map of the grounds
Delivery Address for Delaware State Fair
Delaware State Fair
18500 S. DuPont Hwy.
Harrington, DE 19952
Wade Shows (Carnival) – applicant should contact Wade Shows’ office on carnival lot.
Delaware State Fair Concessions – applicant should contact concessionaire directly about possible jobs.
Delaware State Fair – applicant should attend the Annual Job Fair. Please visit the “About Us” page and select “Employment” for the Job Fair Date and more information.
What are the hours of operations?
M-F 8:00AM – 5:00PM
Admission gates open:
7/18 open at 12:00 noon – 11:00 pm
7/19 – 7/27 daily at 8:00 am – 11:00 pm
Delmarva Power’s First Aid Station
The First Aid Station is available for the treatment of minor cuts, scrapes and bruises. Please dial 911 for an emergency.
The Delmarva Power’s First Aid Station also provides nursing mothers with a quiet, air conditioned area to breastfeed their baby or manually pump breast milk.
Atlantic Aluminum’s Lost Children Station
Reunites guardians with their children, under the direction of the police officials.
Procter & Gamble’s Baby Changing Area
Changing tables can be found in most restrooms and the Convenience Station at the main gate.
To obtain general Fair information, call the automated hotline at (302) 398-3269, Monday – Friday (8:00 AM – 5:00 PM) for details on attractions, shows, events, and schedules.
Other questions? Visit the Delaware State Fair Contact page.
What are hotel and lodging options near the Delaware State Fairgrounds?
There are a variety of options as far as hotel and lodging in the area. Please visit the “Info” page and select “About the Area” for a list of hotels in the surrounding areas.
How can I go about purchasing group tickets for adult gate admission?
Please contact the Box Office at (302) 398-5020. Groups of 20 or more may purchase group tickets and save $2 off each adult ticket.
How can I save money at the Delaware State Fair?
Food Lion Hunger Relief Day: Presented by Food Lion, Hunger Relief day allows free gate admission to persons bringing in 5 Food Lion brand non-perishable food items on Monday, July 22, 2019. All canned goods benefit the local Food Bank of Delaware.
Senior Citizen Day: FREE admission for individuals 60 years and older on Monday, July 22 and Thursday, July 25, 2019.
Kids’ Day: This special day is geared towards youth and fun! Find tons of exciting things to do, compete in, and see throughout the day! Youth aged 12 and under get in free on Tuesday, July 23, 2019!
Armed Forces Day: Celebrate and support our Armed Forces on this special day. Free Gate Admission is available to all with a valid Military ID (ages 13 and up) on Wednesday, July 24, 2019.
Governor’s Day: The Governor visits the Fair, along with Ms. Delaware and many more local celebrities. Check out the many events and exciting things to see and do on Thursday, July 25, 2019.
5 Day Gate Admission Pass: Beat the lines and save when you order a 3-Day Gate Admission Pass online for $30.50.
Where is Handicap Parking?
Handicap Parking can be found behind the Administration building in the fenced in blacktop lot. Please use the main fair entrance off of South DuPont Hwy (GPS address: 18500 S. Dupont Hwy) to access the Handicap Parking Area. Guests needing to park in the handicap parking lot must present proper Parking Credentials to parking staff prior to parking in lot. Guests parking in the main general parking areas have the option to ride a handicap accessible shuttle but must board at a designated shuttle top located in the Orange/Purple Parking Lot. Proper display of handicapped parking permits with tags must be displayed in order to access handicap parking lot. In the event the handicapped parking lot is full or at capacity, the handicap patrons will be directed to the general parking area where a handicapped accessible shuttle will be available to transport them to the front gate.
What Grounds Entertainment options are there?
Check out our Entertainment & Visitor’s Guide to see what we have to offer this year.
10 Ways to Be Prepared for a Great Day at the Delaware State Fair for our families and we have included additional information to help with special considerations for families affected by autism spectrum disorders or other disabilities. Thank you to the Autism Delaware staff for the help and continued support.
Planning ahead based on your child’s individual needs will help make it an awesome day at the fair!
- Get the map of the state fair ahead of time so you can be familiar with the locations that you may want or need to access at the fair. If needed, identify areas that may work for a sensory friendly break area for your child.
- Planning to visit the rides, prior to purchasing your ride tickets or wristband, please visit the Wade Show’s Customer Service trailer, found at the base of the Giant Ferris Wheel, to request accommodations and information. Staff can help you identify areas, based off your child’s individual needs, that may meet your child’s needs for a sensory break. If possible please visit https://www.wadeshows.com/contact.asp and complete the contact form 36 hours prior to your visit in order to schedule an appointment so staff may review your information in advance. Appointments are best as staff are sometimes pulled in other areas and may not be immediately available.
- Make sure you get your hand stamped when you enter! That way, if you need to leave, you can re-enter later that same day without having to pay again!
- Bring water or another refreshing drink and keep yourself and your child hydrated. It can be hot and dusty at the fair. You can bring in your own beverages, just no glass containers.
- Plan ahead- think about your child’s individual needs and interests, and determine the best time to go to the fair (time of day- to accommodate naps, avoid the hottest part of day or the fireworks; or which day of the week- consider the schedule of promotional days like kids day/Seniors Day/Pepsi day, etc).
- Plan ahead- Think about your child’s individual needs and plan your fair day to incorporate his or her favorite activities when it will work best for him or her. (Should you visit your child’s favorite ride first, or in the middle, or last? Would your child do best with a snack after rides or before? etc).
- Bring anything you need to support your child’s functional communication system (PECS, break cards, assistive technology, etc). If needed, consider asking school or therapists for specific PECS ahead of time to support fair activities (ferris wheel, funnel cake, etc)
- Bring effective visual supports, positive reinforcement tangible items, or other supports that your child needs (countdown timer, visual timer, schedule board, tokens to earn rewards, first/then board, iPad in protective case, noise cancelling headphones, etc)
- Think about what supports work for your child in other new or similar situations and apply those same supports to your visit to the fair. Especially if visiting the fair for the first time, consider bringing a favorite toy or item to the fair for comfort.
- Take your time, slow down to your child’s speed, and enjoy your day at the fair!
If you would like to talk to another parent of an individual who has enjoyed a fun day at the fair, call Autism Delaware’s family support staff! They have staff with real life experience and can offer peer-to-peer support!
M&T Bank Grandstand Questions
Handicapped patrons wanting to utilize wheelchairs may enter by way of track or M&T Bank Grandstand entrances. ADA Seating (including companion requests) can be requested from the box office at (302) 398-5020.
Admission to the Fair
Everyone entering the fairgrounds must present a valid ticket of admission, including those attending M&T Bank Grandstand concerts. Concert tickets do not include admission to the fair.
During the ten days of Fair – Hours are: 10:00 am to 9:00 pm
Cameras and Recording Devices
Still photography, audio and video recording equipment is not allowed in the M&T Bank Grandstand.
ATM’s are available throughout the grounds.
Information packs available in Fair office (closer to fair).
Drivers must register at the track on the day of the derby.
Minor injuries and ailments are treated at the First Aid station located at the base of the M&T Bank Grandstand. In the event of serious illness or injury, please dial 911.
Food, Drink and Artist Merchandise
Drinks, beer and artist merchandise are available for purchase within the M&T Bank Grandstand venue. Beer will be served until the headline artist takes the stage. IDs will be checked for beer sales. Coolers are not allowed.
M&T Bank Grandstand and Clubhouse ticket holders may enter the seating area through the main doors of the M&T Bank Grandstand. Stadium and Track ticket holders may enter the venue on the East side of the M&T Bank Grandstand. All patrons are subject to search. (Wheelchair patrons see “Accessible Seating.”)
Tickets for M&T Bank Grandstand events and gate admission are non-refundable. Questions should be directed to the Delaware State Fair Box Office (302) 398-5020.
Inclement Weather Policy
Please be aware that all shows including concerts, rodeo and demo derby performances in the M&T Bank Grandstand are held rain or shine. Please be aware that umbrellas are not allowed. The pit, track, and bleacher/stadium seating areas are not covered. The grandstand and club house seating areas are the only areas that are covered. Only dangerous weather conditions at show time will delay a show or cause it to be cancelled. Severe weather at show time could cause a show to be delayed. All delay or cancellation announcements will be posted here on the website.
All paid Grandstand show seating is reserved, unless advertised as general admission. Seating consists of plaza seats.
Restrooms are available throughout the grounds
Secondary Ticket Market
Consumer Warning – The Delaware State Fair uses bar code scanning for Grandstand ticket admissions. As a result, fans should be careful when purchasing tickets and make certain the seller is a Delaware State Fair licensed ticketing agent.
Etix is the ONLY authorized ticketing agent outside of the Delaware State Fair Box Office. If you purchase tickets from an unauthorized agent in the secondary market (scalper, ticket broker, eBay, Stubhub, Craigslist, etc.), you risk purchasing counterfeit or invalid tickets which may result in refusal of admission.
Sign Language Interpreters
Sign language interpreters are available upon request for all paid Grandstand shows with 14 days notice required. Please call (302) 398-5020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an interpreter.
Smoking is not allowed in the M&T Bank Grandstand seating areas. Smoking is allowed outside the venue. Ask any usher for further direction.
All patrons must be prepared to produce tickets at the request of State Fair personnel. Please retain tickets until the conclusion of the performance.
LED screens will be utilized on both sides of the stage.
Who Needs a Ticket
Anyone entering the M&T Bank Grandstand must have a ticket regardless of age. Children must have a ticket and are not permitted to sit on an adults lap.
Will Call Information and Policies
Will Call is located at the base of the M&T Bank Grandstand. Will Call windows open the day of the scheduled event and will generally remain open until the start of the headliner’s performance. Will Call tickets will only be released to the person whose name appears on the Will Call envelope or whose name was provided in the sales transaction. No person will be given tickets designated for another person without prior authorization. Proper photo identification is required (valid driver’s license or passport) in order to claim your tickets. A signature from the person authorized to pick up the order will be obtained at the time tickets are claimed. Signatures will remain on file for future reference. Should a name change be necessary, please call the Delaware State Fair Box Office for further information at (302) 398-5020.
What time does the Carnival (Wade Shows) open?
7/18 open at 5:00 pm
7/19 – 7/27 daily at 1:00 pm
Who is the Carnival Provider for the 2019 Fair?
Can I purchase an Any-Day ride wristband?
Weekday and Any-Day Unlimited Ride Wristbands are available to purchase online or may be purchased onsite at the carnival midway.
How much are the Unlimited Ride Wristbands?
Any-Day Unlimited Ride Wristbands are $30.00
Weekday Unlimited Ride Wristband are $25.00
Save money by buying your wristbands on our website before fair starts!
How much is a single ride ticket?
A single ticket cost $1.25. Rides (Each ride takes 2 to 6 tickets)
Hours & Directions
DELAWARE STATE FAIR ADMINISTRATION PHONE NUMBER: (302)-398-3269
Hours of Operation:
Off Season – Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
July 18, 2019: Gates open 12:00 pm Carnival Rides open 5:00 pm
July 19 – July 27, 2019: Gates open 8:00 am – 11:00 pm and Carnival Rides open 1:00 pm
18500 S. DuPont Highway Harrington, DE 19952
From Wilmington / Philadelphia
Take I-95 South toward Baltimore.
Merge onto DE-1 South via exit number 4A toward Christiana / Mall Road (Portions toll).
Exit 97 to 13 SALISBURY / NORFOLK.
Bear left onto US Route 13 South; follow South toward Harrington.
After passing over DE-14, look for the fairgrounds on your right.
From Baltimore / Washington D.C.
Take US-50 East / US-301 North (Portions toll).
At the US-50 / US-301 split, bear right taking the US-50 East exit toward OCEAN CITY.
Turn left onto MD-404 East toward DENTON / REHOBOTH, continuing on to follow MD-404 East.
Take the MD-313 ramp toward DENTON / GREENSBORO.
Turn left onto MD-313 North. Turn right onto MD-317 East.
As you cross into Delaware, MD-317 becomes DE-14.
Continue to follow DE-14 East toward Harrington, and follow signs to the fairgrounds.
From Salisbury, MD
From US-50, take US-13 North.
Follow US-13 North through Laurel and Seaford.
Fairgrounds are located 4 miles north of Farmington on your left.
Turn left onto Tower Road and immediately right into the fairgrounds.
From DE Beaches
Follow DE-1 North toward Milford.
Turn left onto NE FRONT ST / NEW WHARF RD / DE-14 West.
Continue to follow DE-14 West.
At the intersection of DE-14 and US-13, turn left onto S. DUPONT HWY / US-13 South.
The fairgrounds will be located on your right