How to Make an Entry
The Delaware State Fair enthusiastically recommends that all exhibitors download the ShoWorks Passport app and use it starting this year.
Enter your Swine in the 2020 Delaware State Fair! Entries can only be made online via the Delaware State Fair’s website beginning 9:00 AM April 1, 2020 thru 11:59 PM June 1, 2020.
Swine Show Date and Time
- Youth Showmanship: Saturday, July 25 at 4:00 PM (If you are using a breed pig for showmanship you are allowed to bring that in with the market pigs before Saturday at 8:00 AM).
- Market Hog (Contest) Show & Barrow Show: Sunday, July 26 at 8:00 AM
- After the market show they will take a break and start the barrow show.
- After barrow show they will notify up to 50 going to auction.
- Jr. and Open Breed Show: Monday, July 27 at 4:00 PM
Swine Arrival and Departure Specifications
Animals may arrive on Thursday, July 23 starting at 8:00 AM and MUST be in place by 8:00 AM, Saturday, July 25. On Monday July 27 the swine going to auction will stay until the end of the fair. Exhibitors whose pig(s) are not going to auction will need to make arrangements for the pig(s) to be shipped out between 12:00 AM – 9:00 AM. Breed pigs may enter while the market is leaving on Monday, July 27 between 12:00 AM – 9:00 AM. Exhibitors of breed animals may remove up to 1/3 of their breed animals from 12:00 AM – 6:00 AM Wednesday, July 29. Please notify your superintendent before removal of any animals and remember to clean any vacated area. All remaining animals may not leave the grounds before 1:00 AM Sunday, August 2 or premiums will be forfeited.
Mandatory Barn Meeting Saturday, July 25 at 8:00 AM – Kent Building. Weigh-ins to follow. All shows will take place at the Kent Building.
It is the responsibility of each exhibitor to read all General Animal Exhibitor Rules. These rules can be found in the exhibitor’s handbook. Swine exhibitors must be at least five (5) years of age as of January 1st of the current Fair year (2020). Youth for the Quality Care of Animals (YQCA) Training is required for all junior market animal exhibitors and goat show exhibitors. Find specifications: 2020 Quality Assurance Certification Requirement for Delaware State Fair Market Animal Exhibitors.
Please note the following weigh-in / tagging dates and minimum weight requirements.
- On May 2, 2020 (Newark-Cook’s Farm 8:00 AM-11:00 AM) – Minimum weight is 75 lbs.
- On May 2, 2020 (Georgetown 8:00 AM-11:00 AM) – Minimum weight is 75 lbs.
- On May 9, 2020 (Fairgrounds 8:00 AM-11:00 AM) – Minimum weight is 80 lbs.
- On May 17, 2020 (Fairgrounds-Livestock Show 8:00AM – 12:00 NOON) – Minimum weight is 85 lbs (No tagging on Saturday)
- REVISED – On May 31, 2020 (Fairgrounds 8:00 AM-12:00 NOON) – Minimum weight is 85 lbs.