How to Make an Entry
The Delaware State Fair enthusiastically recommends that all exhibitors download the ShoWorks Passport app and use it starting this year.
Livestock and other animals are at the roots of the Delaware State Fair’s history! Get involved by exhibiting your animals! Entries can only be made online via the Delaware State Fair’s website beginning 9:00 AM April 1, 2020 thru 11:59 PM June 1, 2020.
Livestock Department Pass and Hangtag Policy FAQ
- Online IRS Form W-9: When adding your first entry to your new exhibitor account, you will be prompted to complete and sign an online version of an IRS Form W-9. The completion and submission of the W-9 is mandatory for all livestock exhibitors. Unless you complete the online IRS Form W-9 you will not be able to make your first entry. We are gathering this information so that the IRS reporting requirements for premiums and auction earnings can be met. Additionally, this information will allow us to aggregate your premium and auction earnings and report this number to you in early January so you can use it when preparing your tax return.
- If you are creating an exhibitor account that identifies joint individual owners (i.e. Jill and John Smith), please decide in advance whose information and social security number will be included on the IRS Form W-9.
- If the exhibitor account is being set up in a farm, business, school or club name, you will need to submit your farm, business, school or club E.I.N. (employer identification number) which normally begins with 51-.
- Please make sure that the name and social security number/employer identification number (E.I.N.) supplied on the W-9 matches the exhibitor registered on the exhibitor account.
- YQCA Mandatory Training for All MARKET Exhibitors: All junior market animal exhibitors MUST complete a Youth for the Quality Care of Animals (YQCA) training certification, unless they have an existing Youth Pork Quality Assurance (YPQA) certification that is still valid through July 2020. The YQCA training certification course can be done either in person or online, but must be completed prior to the start of the 2020 Delaware State Fair (July 23, 2020).
- This mandatory training requirement shall apply to all those exhibiting market animals. The training certification is not limited to only market animal exhibitors and all exhibitors are encouraged to consider completing this course.
- If you are a junior market animal exhibitor and have not attended or completed the online YQCA course or currently have an existing YPQA valid certification by the start of the 2020 Delaware State Fair (July 23, 2020), you will not be permitted to show your animal and will be asked to remove your animal from the grounds.
- More detailed information about the YQCA requirement and how to fulfill it for each specific age bracket can be found on the following PDF: 2020 Quality Assurance Certification Requirement for Delaware State Fair Market Animal Exhibitors form.
- It is the responsibility of each exhibitor to read all General Animal Exhibitor Rules. These rules can be found in the exhibitor’s handbook.
- ALL MARKET ANIMALS AND FEEDER CALVES MUST HAVE A CURRENT YEAR DSF ISSUED EAR TAG. Please contact the fair office at (302)398-3269 if you have any questions. Steers and calves cannot be weighed in Georgetown.
All 1st and 2nd place market animals in the beef cattle, market goat, sheep, and swine departments will participate in the Livestock Extravaganza which will be held Tuesday, July 28, 2020 at 7:00 PM in the Kent Building. Grand Champion and Reserve Champion in each species will be determined at that time.
Junior Livestock Auction
The Junior Livestock Auction will be held Thursday, July 30, 2020 at 6:30 PM in the Kent Building.
2019 – Junior Livestock Auction Rules & Regulations
Important Dates & Information
Exhibitors with Disabilities Accommodations Policy